Hello my friend,
This may be the solution to your 4th querry regarding data one. Just go to
my network places properties and see whether lan is enabled or not. If it is
disabled, enable it. In case it is enabled, first disable it and then enable
it again. Now, restart your PC as well as the modem. This might do as I had
faced the similar problem and these steps worked for me.

Hope this helps,
Abdul