I'd never been able to locate a direct Uber helpline service, though the same
is very easily available with Ola. All I have come across in the case of Uber
is a bundle of FAQs but no direct helpline number or email.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kiran Kaja
  To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
the disabled.
  Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:15 AM
  Subject: [AI] Any bad experiences with Uber?

  By and large, Uber drivers are great. But had a really awful experience
  last night in Bangalore. A blind friend and I got into a car last night and
  Immediately told the driver that one of us needs to be dropped off first
  and then I will change the drop off location to the second destination.
  This is clearly allowed by the Uber app and the driver needs to do it. We
  have done this in the past with other drivers (and even on the same day).
  But the driver was adamant that this is not allowed with Uber. Well I tried
  to explain reasonably that it is in fact allowed by Uber and we have done
  it in the past. I also told him that it would be easier if we did this as
  both of us are blind and I didn't want to go through the rigmarole of
  finding another Uber.

  At that point, he started accusing us of lying that we are blind and he
  won't put up with the lies. He stopped the car on the side of the road and
  asked us to get out. We had no idea where we were. There was hell a lot of
  traffic and I was genuinely afraid. We thankfully found a kind stranger who
  helped us find a new Uber and we got home fine.

  The driver was one of the rudest that I have encountered and I have used
  Uber in a lot of countries before. He was also quite nonchalant about Uber
  taking any sort of action against him. When I told him that I will complain
  to Uber, he said "they won't do anything". I probably will have to agree. I
  did contact Uber but I am not confident they will do anything about it.
  They would probably give me a voucher as compensation and won't even talk
  to the driver. This is a shame as there is no accountability at all in this
  modern sharing economy.

  But I guess all we could do is keep complaining when things like this
  happen to us. If enough customers complain they will probably do something
  about it.

  Regards,
  Kiran

sent through this mailing list..