Hi all,
Yesterday we 5 visually impaired friends went to JJ hospital Mumbai to
get one signature and two stamps on concession certificate for which
we had to wait for more then five hours running throughout the campus.
We had to take leave from our office three days over the period of 2
months. One was for the checkup, other was to collect the certificate
and the one yesterday was to get sign on the concession certificate.
This concession certificate is to be collected from divisional railway
office which was in turn to be acknowledged and stamped at JJ
hospital. I wanted to know the process at other authorized government
hospitals throughout India. Did all the other friends on the list have
to go through similar processes or it was more convenient?
Was the online disability certificate issued on the same day? Another
thing which is mentioned on the concession certificate is that for
completely blind, mentally retarted, and for hearing and speech
impaired with perminant disability, the concession certificate would
be valid for five years from the date of issue, where as for
Orthopedically challenged if their age is above 35 years and nature of
disability is perminant than the concession is valid for life long.
When I asked about this discrimination to the divisional railway
manager, he told me to ask this to Mr. Narendra Modi. I also want to
know the rationale behind issuing a concession to other physically
challenged with disability less than 100%, as any kind of concession
is not given to blind less than 100%. Orthopedically challenged person
are issued concession even at 40% where as mentally retarted and
persons with paralysis are issued concession certificate only if they
are going to be with escorts. Why this discrimination is in practice?
Can we do something on this? Please throw some light on this.