From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
dr.u.n.sinha narain
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:44 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Here's Your Diwali Gift!

this discussion should not be ended all of a sudden. we all know that
on one hand u.n. has imposed a regulation for the safe guard of the
rights of the disabled persons. it is the duty of all the organization
to provide accessories free of charges. they receive money from many
charitable organization. as such prologics should not do things in the
interest oof money. if you talk of foreign countries, it is the duty
of each and every organization to appeal wto that it should impose
special rules upon the developed cohuntry's companies that they should
provide goods and accessories for the use of blind on a very low cost
so that a blind living in a developing world could enjoy the benifit
of it. on the other hand vachak is not very compitent. it can not read
out printed scanned pages. even otherwise it is a combination of
outloud, which may be said as a theft when it uses jfw like voice. it
has several defects. i have gone through some others like vidyavriksha
and webel technology. this is nothing but the sheer waiste of time.
had it been a compromising condition with k1000 or jfw, i think we
would have been more benificial. i hope nab inid shall look into it
and shall do the needful.
regards
....drun

On 11/19/07, Saurabh Malav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If any person who is supporting piracy would develop a product by
investing
> the same amount whatever Prologix has already spent on the development
of
> Vaachak, then will he be ready to distribute the product at free of
cost?
> There should be no double standard in this field.
>
> If anybody is really interested in freeware then he should come
forward and
> should start to support any open source software. I am really
disappointing
> to say that currently there are several good open source projects
which are
> being developed for blind community but the contribution from Indian
side is
> really very unsatisfactory.
>
> My personal experience has not been so good. Some person always
believes in
> preaching rather than contributing to achieve a goal to empower the
blind
> community.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Saurabh Malav

Ramit
> > Luthra

2000
Would it
> > be
Compare
Jaws,); the

wrote:
> [...]
Harish

Of amar

> > extract

Vachak
3. Go
Yes if

files--vaachak01.g02 and

Vachak on
> > voice

unsubscribe.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >> To unsubscribe send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > with the subject unsubscribe.
> >>
> >> To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other
changes,
> > please visit the list home page at

> > To unsubscribe send a message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > with the subject unsubscribe.
> >
> > To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other
changes,
> > please visit the list home page at

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with