I agree that training organizations could look at providing some orientation
about Narrator.

One of my recent experience is illustrative.

My laptop crashed a couple of times due to faulty hard disk and I had to take
data out of my system. Since my windows was not starting, I could not operate
my laptop independently. I then found out that windows 10 has a feature known
as windows to go. Windows to go prepares a flash drive for bootable installer,
and Using another software I could create a bootable flash drive. Once my
laptop booted from the flash drive, I could operate my  machine independently
with the help of narrator. Unfortunately, windows to go has some restrictions
so one can only install apps that are downloaded from windows store which means
I could not install NVDA. This problem would be solved once NVDA is available
from the windows store, but it takes some time and assistance to download
software from the windows store. On the other hand, starting narrator is only
pressing a few keystrokes.

If someone has such a bootable drive with them, he or she could operate on any
computer.

I also agree with having multiple options for screen readers as multiple
options encourage competition which helps the products to improve.

At the same time, I think narrator still has a long way to go before it could
become a full time screen reader as mentioned by Prashant.