From: Prashant Ranjan Verma
Sent: 11 June 2018 08:36
To: 'AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.'
Subject: Re: [AI] Narrator as a screen reader come of age

Yes, Narrator has really improved by leaps and bounds. But I would still not
recommend anyone to switch to it given that NVDA is also available free of cost.
It needs to be seen if Microsoft continues to develop Narrator and more
importantly if they put resources in supporting third party applications and
develop advanced screen reader features. Also it needs to be seen if Microsoft
allows users to customize it and build add-ons for different needs.

If they continue to develop it over the next one or two years then I think NVDA
usage will get a big setback.
For now the super users can keep testing and evaluating it.