Hi,

With great respect, I think the original poster's question was not if going to
a barber constitutes dependence, but instead if there are ways in which he can
dye his hair independently. I feel that, sometimes, instead of answering the
question here, we are quick to point out the fallacies in the questioner's
premises  (I have been a victim of this multiple times). So instead of getting
concrete answers, the questioner is compelled to justify the correctness of the
question.

Everyone's view of independence can be different; the same visit to the barber
for a shave or dying hair which may appear to one person as nothing more than
commercial intercourse may be viewed by another person as a waste of their
time, an unnecessary expenditure and an intrusion in their schedule.

Best,
Rahul

Sent from my iPhone