From: Rahul Bajaj [mailto:rahul.bajaj10...@gmail.com]
Sent: 31 August 2018 04:23
To: geethas2...@gmail.com; AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility
and issues concerning the disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] is it possible for a completely blind?

Hi,

With great respect, I think the original poster's question was not if going
to a barber constitutes dependence, but instead if there are ways in which
he can dye his hair independently. I feel that, sometimes, instead of
answering the question here, we are quick to point out the fallacies in the
questioner's premises  (I have been a victim of this multiple times). So
instead of getting concrete answers, the questioner is compelled to justify
the correctness of the question.

Everyone's view of independence can be different; the same visit to the
barber for a shave or dying hair which may appear to one person as nothing
more than commercial intercourse may be viewed by another person as a waste
of their time, an unnecessary expenditure and an intrusion in their
schedule.

Best,
Rahul

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 31, 2018, at 2:23 AM, Geetha Shamanna <geethas2...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Sazid,
>
> Getting the barber to dye your hair cannot be called dependence. If you go
> to a restaurant to have a meal, you would not say you are depending on the
> chef. It is a service they provide, for which they charge you.
> Visually impaired or not, there is a great deal of interdependence in this
> world. And dying your hair is certainly one of those tasks for which
> depending on someone might be a better option.
>
> Geetha
Behalf
> Of sazid shaik
> Sent: 30 August 2018 12:49
> To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
> the disabled.
> Subject: [AI] is it possible for a completely blind?
>
> Dear list members,
> I am a completely person who lost vision since 2013.  Might be my
> question sounds silly but on this platform I can get good answer.  How
> can VI person dye his hair individually.  Is it possible?  If so how
> can I do this?  I do not want to depent on others as well as barber.
>
> thanks and regards,
> sazid

please

the

please visit the list home page at

the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity;

sent through this mailing list..