Hello Access India mates? How are you?
My name is Saaqib Mahmood. I'm a 40-year-old visually impaired person from
Abbottabad, Pakistan. I have an MPhil degree in Mathematics and have been
employed as a college teacher in the Department of Higher Education, Government
of NWFP since August 2006.
Despite my visual handicap, I have enough eyesight to be able to read and write
the ordinary inkprint from about six inches or so though not in the sunlight. I
am comfortable reading books on a PC (especially those in the DJVU file
format). However, I am also familiar with JAWS as well as braille. In fact, I
have two certificates from the Hadley School, USA, in the Unified English
Braille (UEB) from the Hadley School for the Blind, USA, and have completed the
UEB Online course offered by an institution in Australia.

Should I be looking for opportunities of pursuing my PhD degree in Mathematics
or some related field at any university in India? Will it be a good idea?

What kind of response am I likely to get should I apply for admission to a PhD
programme at a university in India?

Am I going to be able to avail any facilities / concessions that are available
to the blind and visually impaired students?
Which universities should I particularly focus on?
Anybody over here who could extend me any direct help and support?

Regards.
Sincerely,
Saaqib Mahmood
Phone (mobile & WhatsApp): 0092 334 541 7958

Celebrating Global accessibility Awareness day- May 16 2019