Hi list,
I am happy to share that RBI has considered one of our suggestion as
part of disclosure framework on complaints for banks, which forms part
of annual report.
As part of this framework, a banking company will be required to
disclose complaints relating to Each bank if one of the grounds is
'Pension and facilities for senior citizens/differently abled'. But...
Here is the catch. This should fall within top five grounds of complaint
to form part of annual report.
Having said that, it is a good step, as any data collected on this
ground will also form part of supervisory review and may lead to
stricter review in case a bank is found to be receiving many complaints
on these grounds.
This forms part of the circular dated January 27, 2021 and is currently
only applicable to Scheduled Commercial Banks (excluding RRBs). Regards,
Amar Jain