It may be of interest to some of you

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Shameer Rishad <shameer.ris...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021, 03:08
Subject: Alert for upcoming events at JAF!

Hello!

Greetings from Javed Abidi Foundation (JAF). I hope that you are keeping
well. With the state of the COVID19 health crisis only worsening in our
country it is important to gather resources/information further it is also
imperative that we come together to question the system for not doing what
it is supposed to.

I am writing to you to give you an update about the coming year and ask you
to spread word/nominate persons who may be interested in our upcoming Know
Your Rights RTI & RPwD Workshops.

The link to register is as follows: http://bit.ly/JAFRTI21

Through these workshops we train persons interested in the area of
disability rights to use the right to information as a tool to do
evidence-based advocacy. We have conducted seven such workshops in the
past, with our partner organizations, Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative
(CHRI) and Disability Rights India Foundation (DRIF). Through the three-day
workshop participants would be trained by Mr. Venkatesh Nayak & Ms. Rama
Krishnamachari to better understand and take concrete action towards the
implementation of the RPwD Act of 2016 with the help of the RTI Act of 2005.

The workshops would be conducted in English on May 01, 02, & 08 and in
Hindi on May 15, 16 & 22. Indian Sign Language would be available to
participants along with live transcriptions on all days of the workshop.

We were hoping that in 2021 the situation would be less grim. So that we
would be able to conduct physical, in person workshops and events. Like
most organizations, we have decided to ask our volunteers to continue
working from the safety of their homes. In early 2020 with the launch of
the Know Your Rights Webinar Series, we gradually started to shift most of
our projects online. All the Cross Disability Youth Network (CDYN) and
C.H.A.N.G.E. sessions have been scheduled with different colleges and
partner organizations. Do let us know if you would be interested in
attending any of these online events.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Warm Regards,

Shameer Rishad

Convenor JAF.

https://www.instagram.com/javedabidifoundation/