From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of rahul.bajaj10...@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 10:30 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Purposive versus organic outdoor movement

A question for other blind people: how much of your outdoor movement is
purposive versus organic?

Let me explain. When I say purposive, I mean movement that is aimed at
achieving a specific goal, such as buying grocery and the like. BY organic, I
mean movement that isn't so constrained, such as randomly going to get ice
cream from a new location someday, going to a park to just get some fresh air
or going on a solo trip to watch a movie, have a meal or just see the sights.

I am asking this because, for many blind people, they have to carefully plan
their travels in advance. This includes learning the route, scoping out
potential obstacles and accounting for the extra time that it will take you to
get somewhere. Given these additional complications, many folks simply choose
to go out when necessary and not when they'd like to. has this been true of
your experience also? if not, what steps have you taken to move from the
purposive to the organic category, in a way that is safe and comfortable for
you?

Rahul

to accessindia+unsubscr...@accessindia.org.in
<mailto:accessindia+unsubscr...@accessindia.org.in> .