Hi Amena,

Valid point-and to answer it legally, the startups are already covered by the definition of establishments (majority of them).

No matter whatever the startup be, the legal existence of the startup is likely to be in form of a company, or a firm. To that extent, the definition of establishments already covers them. Only problem which we are likely to face is the limited liability partnership-which also, legally should not be difficult to argue as it should fall in the category of a firm.

As far as rewards and punishments are concerned, while the law provides for penalty, but it would be indeed hard for us to legally provide that for being eligible to receive funding, a startup must be compliant with a particular law. That is a question of diligence that investors have to perform. And for instance with large investors, it is very difficult to secure funding if you are non-compliant with any environmental law to illustrate. So we somewhere need to get disability law's importance realised in that context through the judicial work that we all are trying to do.

Regards,

Amar Jain