Dear Kanchan,

How can you forget the contribution of National Association for the Blind,
(NAB) India. The presence of NAB in the meeting has made a big difference. The
points which you could not push have been dealt by me and got them unanimously
accepted. The contrubution of Prof. Mittal and Shri. Bhaskar Mehta was
significant. The points which you have missed to mention here are as follow:

1. The extra time will not be termed as 'extra' hereafter. It will be treated
as a compensatory time.

2. The 20 minutes per hour will be minimum, any examining body is free to grant
more allowance if it feels so.

3. In the assisstive devices we have also added Braille slate

4. For low vision candidates who could write their own examination paper but
cannot read in normal front shall be given a reader.

To put in the proper perspective, the policy will be forwarded to Ministry of
Human Resources and Development (HRD), for its approval, however, it shall be
applicable to institutions governed by Central Government. The S.J.E. Ministry
is going to invite opinion from other stakeholders also, before a final
draft.As education falls in the concurrent list, states will have to frame
their own policy.

However, I feel that no state will adopt a policy which is contrary to the
National Policy.

Amities,

Suhas Karnik.