I think the issue is not so much that the date fields are inaccessible (they
are certainly not), as much as they are to do with the fact that it does not
accept my input despite said input being accurate, even within the bounds of
its (IRCTC website's) knowledge, with this bit of the information being
corroborated by the available documents that state the very thing that this
user purports.
As said, I did try playing fair by providing the facts as can be verified, and
only resorted to experimentation  with permutations and combinations upon
realising it was not doing the same, by denying the fats as they were stated.