Dear list,

We are pleased to inform the list about the release of a Standard Operating
Procedure (SOP) for the procurement of JAWS (Job Access With Speech)
software at Union Bank of India.

Union Bank of India has a longstanding commitment to supporting its visually
impaired staff members by providing screen reading software to facilitate
them in effectively discharging their duties. In addition to JAWS, the bank
has also made NVDA (Nonvisual Desktop Access) software available to empower
officials to work efficiently in Hindi and other regional languages.

This development is part of Bank's broader commitment to digital
accessibility, as highlighted during our recent Global Accessibility
Awareness Day (GAAD) initiatives. These initiatives include:

*       Conducting a digital accessibility learning series via email for all
staff members of the Bank.
*       Specialized training programs are being conducted for the visually
impaired staff members with screen reader with the involvement of visually
impaired resource persons, ensuring the training's relevance and
effectiveness.
*       Dedicated training sessions, complete with sign language
interpreters, are being organized to support Bank's hearing impaired staff,
ensuring they have the tools and knowledge to excel in their roles.
*       A comprehensive training session on digital accessibility was
recently held for our IT officers, featuring insights from industry experts.
This training aimed to ensure that all software developed or procured by the
bank is born accessible, promoting an inclusive digital environment from the
ground up.

The newly issued SOP aims to streamline the procurement process for JAWS
across all branches and offices. The objectives of the SOP include:

*       Ensuring a uniform and efficient procedure for acquiring JAWS
software, making it easier for all branches and offices to support visually
impaired staff.
*       Providing clear guidelines on the necessary system specifications to
ensure optimal performance of the JAWS software.
*       Outlining a step-by-step guide for the installation of JAWS, making
it simple and straightforward for users to set up the software.
*       Offering a comprehensive troubleshooting guide to resolve common
issues that may arise during the installation and use of JAWS.

We believe this SOP, along with our GAAD initiatives, will significantly
enhance the accessibility and productivity of our visually impaired
colleagues by providing them with the necessary tools and support.

Through the Union Access Initiative, inputs  from the community and with the
support from the leadership of the Bank, we are striving to develop and
enhance a culture of digital accessibility and inclusion in the
organization.

With regards

Rahul Gambhir

Mobile: 9999989133