Hi. The following could also be interesting for some of you:

ITU/G3ict Global Forum with speakers from Google and Nokia

*From the G3ict invitation:*
On Monday, April 21st, G3ict co-organizes with the International
Telecommunication Union (ITU) a joint 2008 Global Forum to review areas of
challenges and
opportunities for international ICT accessibility standards in light of the
dispositions of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.

Since March 30, 2007, 126 United Nations member states have signed the
Convention: this unexpected fast rate of adoption makes it urgent to promote
ICT
accessibility standards that will support a better and faster implementation
around the world of the many dispositions of the Convention regarding ICTs.

For the first time since the Convention was adopted, an international group
of experts from industry, standards development organizations, NGOs
representing
persons with disabilities, international development institutions,
governments and academia will examine together its many implications for ICT
accessibility
standards. Proceedings will be edited to serve as a reference for future
accessibility standards developments.
**End of invitation**

The blind Google research scientist T.V. Raman will speak about open source
opportunities for accessibility and assestive functionalities regarding
Android. Another speaker will be David Dzumba, the Senior manager of Nokia's
accessibility department.

After information is available, I will report about the meetings outcome at:
http://blind.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_Initiative

Best regards, Per