Hi Rajesh

This will be like signing all the cheque leaves and expecting the blind person
to take care of it. Would any able bodied person accept such a situation? This
will certainly be unacceptable. Besides, it won't give any security to the
banks as the blind customer is forced into a situation which is intrensically
liable for cheating. This would be a very bad guidelines.

A more sensible approach which will provide both security and comfort both to
the customer and the blind is that the bank may seek confirmation by phone
whenever they have doubt about the genuineness of the signature on the
instrument.

If the customer has high volume of cheque use then the banker knows the
patterns of change of signature and can use the phone option when in need. If
the volume is low, anyway it should not be a big financial drain.

This can be a prudent practise and this should not go as guidelines. Now a days
insisting of carrying a phone is not a big deal.

I understand, Some banks are already exercising this option.

So, in the guidelines, we can leave it to the banks to draw their own
safeguards.

This could be one option, there could be more and we can keep room for it.

Harish.