mcafee and symantech mobile security will not remove them since they
are meant for mobile platform. Not sure of free virus cleaner for S60
phones. So perhaps someone else has to throw light on this subject.
Does your memory card contain back-up files only related to your
phone? If so, then I am afraid that your phone cannot be restored from
those back-up files free of virus. If you are not able to format the
memory card because of some crucial files not related to your phone,
then perhaps you should simply move them to your system and format the
memory card. That's why it is important that you create back-up of
your phone memory when your phone is in it's best performing status.
My assumption is that your phone already had virus when you created
back-up and I am not sure whether any virus removal tool that can
scann the compressed back-up files and detect virus since those
viruses also could have been compressed along with your phone software
files.

Vetri.