Folks:

In continuation with my mail (which I had sent a couple of days ago), a
group of people in Bangalore are working on creating a national RP
registry. This is not only to disseminate information on developments
but also to enable patients to directly put queries regarding the
condition to o[ophthalmologists who will be part of the group. One major
objective of this registry is to reach out as many people as possible in
the event a cure becomes available. As most of you are aware,
breakthrough researches have been carried out across the world on stem
cells, gene and artificial implants none of which have crossed the
clinical trial stage (or not even reached that stage so far). But
breakthroughs are expected in the next two to three years and there is a
need for us to remain prepared. The registry is an attempt towards that
end.

Those who are interested to be a part of the egroup and would like to be
informed about developments in RP treatment, pl drop me a mail off list
and mention on the subject line that you would like to be directly added
to the group (if you so desire).

Subramani
Thanks to all for making the convention successful; thanks also to Blind
Person's Association for the whole hearted support.