To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] MY FEEDBACK REGARDING THE CONVENTION

Hi all,

The convention was most certainly very good. I particularly enjoyed the
session given by Tina, the image consultant. I managed to get some face time
with her during lunch and have been successfully applying what she taught.
The yoga session was also interesting since I and a lot of us I suspect
spend a large part of our time at our desks. The session by Siddharth and
Vikram was very refreshing.  They did not beat around the bush and dealt
with plain fact.  Too bad, we technology people were a tad squeezed but I
prefer a well timed session and cannot fault any of the organizers on their time management. It is up to the speaker to prioritize what she or he has to speak. One option in such a case is to give the conclusion first. <chuckle I
speak from experience at several forums and most recently at the CSI
conference where, instead of 20 minutes for my paper presentation, I was
only given 10 minutes. I finished in 6 minutes and do not feel I left
anything out.

Networking is best done during tea breaks and during the lunch hour. We were all in 1 hall at that time so it was comparatively easier for us to find one
another. As for segregation, I failed to sense it. The onus is on the
delegate to interact with whoever he wants.

The local organization could have been significantly better. I cannot
comment on the recording since I was not a part of it.

One difference between the convention and the CSI conference was that the
delegates at the CSI conference knew when to keep quiet. My compliments to
Dr. Mobedji I believe who actually enforced silence during the convention.

My thanks also go to Kanchan and Harish for a smooth conference and an
excellent agenda. Remember people, we were indeed asked what the agenda
should be.

Pranav