Dear Friends,

While I have seen various comments on the topic, I have a different take on
this. I had been vociferously putting it up at various forums that the
Identification list of Govt. of India has done more harm than good to the
people with disability in India. Why the disabled brethren can only work on
"*Identified Posts"* which doesn't get properly updated with the development
of technology.

*I don't know how many of you know that as per the latest Idenfication List
of 15 March 2007, only following clerical posts can be held by VI
candidates:*

*Identified For both Blind and LV*
Sl No. 69   Judicial Clerk -
Sl No. 120 Office Asst/Senior Clerk
Sl No. 124 Pvt Secretary/Steno
Sl No. 125 Steno Typist
Sl No.  153 General Clerk
Sl No. 157 Enquiry Clerk
Sl No. 163 - Reception Clerk etc.

*Identified for only Low Vision*

Sl No. 133 Accounts Clerk
Sl No. 134 Bank Clerk
Sl No. 150 Data Entry Operator

*Not idenfied for both Blind and Low Vision*

Sl NO. 135  Ledger Clerk
Sl No. 136 Cashier
Sl No. 138 Cash Clerk
Sl NO. 140 Audit Clerk
Sl No. 164 Library Clerk

*Thus if I look at the SBI Vacancies, Accounts Clerk, Bank Clerk etc are not
idenfied for the Blind candidates as per this list.*

The bank in such a case might find justification in not accepting blind
candidates as fit for Bank clerk vacancies. Therefore, the List is not only
confusive but many times it leaves no scope for flexibility.

Thus, to me the case of idenfication should be other way round. Instead of
finalising a list of identified posts, Why can't we have a list which
indicates that in view of current day technologies, so and so jobs can not
be performed by a particular category of disabilities as on date, however,
Ministry of IT and others searching for innovation are trying to develop
resources and devices that these jobs could be comfortably performed by
people with disabilities.

This list then could be reviewed on yearly basis to further shorten it. With
advancement in technology, I know for sure, one day such a list will have
counted areas beyond the reach of people with disabilities.

--
Warm regards,

Subhash Chandra Vashishth
Mobile: +91 (11) 9811125521
Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. Consider
environment!