Dear Mr. Vishwanathan:

I don't know about you, but I feel most of us have this rather
unpleasant feeling about reading every mail. It's not about who is
sending it; it's about what we can get from the person. I guess that's
what happens if you are tired of seeing thousands of mails from a dozen
groups. As a result, you choose whose mail you need to read in order for
you to get information and how best to skip mails that are not likely to
inform you. It's a guess and sometimes in this process we end up
deleting a few of them with questions like that of your's.

I am sure you would agree that reading each and every mail, in spite of
the fact that they are all not spam, needs considerable energy and
effort. So at the back of the mind we unconsciously decide whose mail we
should read and skip the rest. And we, rather I, must confess that we
end up hurting a few in the process. I do have one more confession to
make: that I am not a person with great wealth of technical information
and so I naturally fall short of answering those with technical queries.
That is why I asked you not to take these things personally. It does
hurt if your query is not answered -which, by the way, has happened to
me as well- but that shouldn't discourage us from both asking questions
and answering a few ourselves. Hope this makes sense to you and before I
sign off, my appologies for having made you feel this way.

Subramani