Hello list members,
there is one more aspect of the problem which has not been discussed yet.
Ministry of railways has adopted a new term--'completely blind'. I can't understand the meaning of this term properly. does it mean total absence of sight? if so, can railways adopt such a definition which is contrary to the definition enacted by the supreme legislative body of the nation. according to that definition blindness means vision not exceeding 6/60 in the better eye. do the two terms---'completely blind' and 'hundred per cent blind' carry same meaning? due to the term used by the railways people like me who are blessed with some vision have to face a lot of problems during rail journey. my disability per cent is more than 90. like totally blind persons, I also have to use Braille and screen readers. is it not discrimination on the part of railways? if so, what are we doing? since it is a matter related to the central government, I would request list members and associations in Delhi to take up the issue with the concerned department.

regards,
S. P. Sharma
Lecturer, Political Science
e-mail: surya.sharm...@gmail.com