That is because,
You see, where as sendspace or rapidshare, allow, instant downloading.
I mean, if you start as soon as you click on okay button, it will start.
If you tell it to schedule, or Let me decide later, start manually,
the links get disactivated.
That's  because they want to see that the free users, dont get any
resuming facility, and just to make sure, things are at right
condition.
Even if the file was downloaded 50% and if your internet drops, its
gone. You'll need to restart the download, by clicking on the original
link, because, the old link expires, as soon as the manager stops it.
Even though the connection might be switched on, but the download has
been paused.
So, the sendspace or rapidshare, understand the links as  pause = stop.
So its no use to schedule it.
You can schedule the downloads, only when you have a premium account
on a site like sendspace or rapidshare.
I see fileflyer allows resuming,
And mediafire's link is active for 1 day. after a day, the link gets
de activated.
I mean the link after you click on download button.
Regards
Samuel