Hi

remaining things kept aside, the issue of scribe will no more hurt in this new
system(smile).
But then, a comprehensive perception is more important.

Personally, I like the examination system.  If we kill the competitive
spirit among the students at that age, how are they going to write the
exams like CAT, MAT, IAS, Banking entrance etc.?

And as far as the grading is concerned, it would be done by teachers
where There could be lot of discrimination, partiality, prejudice,
etc.

Coming to the disability, some teachers could be sympathetic towards
the blinds and hence get them through even though the student hasn't
proved his potential.  At the other end of the continuum, if a teacher
doesn't believe that blinds are worthy enough for higher studies,
which is not impossible in our system, he may not rank him high
despite his potential.  Both the above cases are harmful.

More than the objective, I'm more worried about the implementation of
the new system.  So, I would go with the older system unless the new
system is implemented in form and substance all over the country in a
uniform manner which, I think, is next to impossible.

--
G. Vamshi
PH Res : +91 877-2243861

God helps those who help themselves