From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Amiyo
Biswas
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2009 7:09 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Swami vivekanand's speech.

Hello,

I made a little more enquiry about it. Gauhar Jaan was the first to
record a
song in Kolkata 1902. It does not clarify my doubt though. Swami
Vivekananda
died in June, 1902. Is it plausible that somebody arranged recording of
Swami Vivekananda's speech in Chicago in 1893 or later someone recorded
his
speech in Kkolkata before his death in 1902?

One of our friends on this list, Mr. Arup Chakraborty, informed me over
phone that, according to Shankari Prasad Basu, a noted biographer of
Swamiji, wrote that his voice was recorded by a maharaja (probably of
Mysore) in his private studio in wax record. But that record is not
available any longer. I also don't understand, if Swamiji's speeches
were
recorded, why did not anyone publish it within 100 years of his death?

Please write to the Listener's Club for information. I hope, the voice
is
genuine. I only want to make sure.

Best regards,
Amiyo Biswas.