To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 6:58 AM
Subject: [AI] Spoken English with Indian accent for teaching Indian studentsneeded.

Dear list members:
This time, I desperately seek  your help.
I'm taking up some English classes for a few visually impaired in
Hyderabad. The aim of these classes is to improve  their level of
English to be able to understand and speak English, and land them in a
few call center jobs. . For this I thought of using some Audio
material downloaded from BBC web site. But these people couldn't catch
their accent, since they are purely from Telugu medium background and
unable to follow their pronunciation. Therefore, I need some good
Spoken english material with a good Indian accent that help them in
learning the language much faster. The point is that they are all the
visually impaired and finding it difficult to access or read the books
that are available. Therefore I resolved to use some material to show
them the accent and pronunciation. These material should also include
some situational dialogues to improve their vocabulary.
This also helps in securing a good job at list in Call center for a
temperary period. Later on they can learn some new courses and improve
their life style with the money earned from these call center jobs.
Apart from these, Any other tips and suggestions regarding this
program will highly be appriciated.
--
It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few
virtues.  Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865