To: "jean parker" <radiofore...@gmail.com>; <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:14 AM
Subject: RE: [AI] wayfinder access

Dear All,
I have been using loadstone for some time and had not ventured into wayfinder ever.
So, I can not comment on relative performance of LS viz-a-viz WF.
However, I do say that LS can be used effectively with Google maps and a route planned and have it announced on approaching various checkpoints.

For this one must visit:
http://groute.loadstone-gps.pl
go to English and enter starting and ending address.
This can be done either in form of gps co ordinates or by naming places, if they are labeled on GM, of course. I prefer the first alternative at least for starting point which may be the home, or any of the landmarks saved in phone. Anyway, we can always note down the coordinates after visiting any place once.
Most of the major locations are also labeled in Google maps.

So, after finding the route, one can generate a LS checkpoint file and paste it in checkpoints folder of LS. Thereafter, while navigating, one can load a particular checkpoint file and it will announce various points along with turning and distance directions while approaching them.

I have found the tool to be effective and easy to use as well as reliable.
One can find the route even while on go by connecting to the site by gprs, it costs a few paisa.

However, I could not get any success with nokia maps, as they are not accessible. Loadstone site does have a tool to convert nokia maps lmx files into LS compatible ones, but I could not find a nokia map in lmx format.
Would be really glad if anybody can guide about it.

Regards

                                       --Arthur C. Clarke

(Rajesh Asudani)

Assistant General Manager,