Dear Rajesh, Kanchan and Others,
Even when there are rules, sometimes, (in fact more than often) blind
people have to fight for these things like the service of scribe: this
is the Indian truth. In Delhi University, during last one year, we had
lengthy discussions at the level of Equal Oppertunity Cell regarding
the availability and eligibility of scribe. We have now prepared a
long draft, which we are trying to get approved by the University. But
we felt that there always be irregularities; and therefore, we would
need a proper system of redresal in such cases.
It would be extremely helpful if Kanchan can send me these regulations
in attachment so that we can print an authentic copy to use as a
supportive document in our struggle at Delhi University on this issue.
My email ID is
 vikas...@gmail.com

Best
Vikas Gupta

On 5/17/10, Asudani, Rajesh <rajeshasud...@rbi.org.in> wrote:
> Friends
> We were discussing here last week about the issue and everyone was assured
> that in SSC exam of may 16th, SSC will provide the scribe, as it has done in
> past.
> Now, I want to know the experience of examinees yesterday, whether suitable
> scribe was in fact provided, and if at all any scribe was provided.
> Here, in Nagpur a friend of mine had to undergo agony as they flatly refused
> to provide any scribe at the eleventh hour and asked him to arrange his own.
> When I reached the venue with scribe for him, the refused to permit him to
> write the exam, as the prescribed time of half an hour for reporting was
> over!!!
>
> Finally, I had to intervene in my usual cynical way to make them admit him
> for the exam!!!!!
>
> Now, whether at other centers similar tales are repeated, or as usual scribe
> was provided, suitable or not that's another story...But at least in Nagpur
> this injustice was done.
> If anybody wants to say that it is a random incident confined to limited
> area like Nagpur, then please do not reply to this thread,
> The point I am trying to make is that arbitrariness prevails pertaining to
> scribe issue.
> In fact SSC ad did not mention about scribe, and all of us had assumed that
> like previous years, they would do the need full.
>
> All this we are suffering because of lack of any clarity on scribe issue.
>
> Let us, while suggesting for a brand new law, thrash out all these
> absurdities...
>

> Regards
>
> "Perhaps our role on this planet is not to worship God-- but to create Him."
>
>                                         --Arthur C. Clarke
>
> (Rajesh Asudani)
>
> Assistant General Manager,
> Reserve Bank of India
> Nagpur
> 09420397185
> O: 0712 2806676
> Res: 0712 2591349
>

> ________________________________
> have received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or
> the presence of viruses. The Bank accepts no liability for any damage caused
> by any virus transmitted by this email.

> the subject unsubscribe.

Vikas Gupta
Assistant Professor,