Dear Mr. Himanshu,

Here, I try to address your queries as follows.

1.      So for as the persons with disability act is concerned, it deals
only with matter of non-discrimination in       public transportation.  The
section 45 of the act, which deals this matter is as follows. "The
appropriate governments and the Local authorities shall, with in the limits
of their economic capacity      and development, provide for -

a.       Installation of auditory signals at red lights in the public roads
for the benefit of persons with                  visually handicapped,
b.      Causing curb cuts and slopes to be made in pavements for the easy
access of wheel chair users.

c.      Engraving on the surface of the Zebra Crossing for the blind or for
persons with low vision,

d.      Engraving on the edges of railway flat forms for the blind or
persons with low vision.

e.      Devising appropriate symbols of disability

f.      Warning signals at appropriate places".

2.      In this way the active silent in regard with the reservation of
seats and concession in fare of the     public transportation, but most of
the state governments under their social security schemes, offer such
benefits to the different classes of their disadvantageous residents and
persons with disability are also        considered among those classes.  But
these benefits and facilities vairry from one to other state. There     are
no such standard rules so for which equally apply to all the states.

3.      So for my state Karnataka is concerned,  free travel facility has
been granted to the totally blind       persons through out the state in
ordinary busses of K.S.R.T.C & B.M.T.C. Two seats near to the front door
have also been reserved for persons with disability.

4.      If you could tell me to which state do you belong?  I may try my
best to provide you the correct informations about the status of the
facilities and benefits available to the V.I.P in that particular state.

With due regards,

Gautam Prakash Agarwal
President,

.