Hi,
They certainly can. The only minor problem may be handling various apparatus used in a studio but with a little practice even this hurdle can be overcome. I regularly give talk shows on radio, so if authorities are pursued, this avenue can be opened up. I have heard people reading news or acting as jockies on both radio and TV, though only as a token, on white cane day.
Regards,
Sandeep