Hi shalini,

I doubt there are any real solutions to the problem here. Blanket advice on
not eating things from strangers usually does not work. Why was the person
wearing gold in the buss? That seems to be more dangerous. Sensible security
precautions were not taken and he paid the price. Mind you, this could have
happened to a sighted person as well. The only question is did the person
poison the biscuit at that time or did he have it with him to use on a
victim? If the biscuit was poisoned on the fly, then yes, a sighted person
may have detected this and have refused to eat. However, I have heard of a
neighbor whose fully sighted son was poisoned in this fashion on a train.
So, be sensible about wearing jewelry and exercise heightened situational
awareness when travelling.

I have tried to maximize my independence by the use of technology so that I
do not have to interface with any humans on the road but that goal remains
some distance away especially given our road and traffic conditions.

Pranav