All,
I have gone through railway budget complete text, which is available on
internet in PDF.
Following things to be noted down:
1. Concessions in Rajdhani and Shatabdi are proposed for physically handicapped
persons. nothing more than this is saidout in the speech.
2. The word accessibility for physically handicapped is used twice in the
budget, so that gives us a sense that they understand what accessibility means.
While developing adarsh stations, this will be taken care off.
3. E-ticketing will be launched on the portal of cris, full form is central
railway information commission something....
I believe since this is going to happen, we must put efforts so to insure that
concessional booking is allowed for us. Previously IRCTC had a ground that
concessional bookings are allowed by cris only.
To my understanding it is the efforts of Accessindia which has led to the
minister understanding about accessibility for physically challenged, and the
concessions for Raj and Shatabdi. 100% goes to AI for making them understand
accessibility.
I feel steps should be taken for putting forward our demand of concessional
booking through this portal.
Hope to have healthy discussion on this.
Regards
Amar Jain.
Get numbers right this time, help the census with correct disability info!
Question 9 relates to disability.