Dear Prashant,
  Thank you for the info. I appreciate your help. Regads,

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Prashant Verma
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:45 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] help required regarding cheque
facilitytoblindinBankofIndia

Hi,
My postal address  and your other questions -
Address:
Prashant Ranjan Verma
Equal Opportunity Cell
Tutorial Building, Arts Faculty
University of Delhi
Delhi - 110007 INDIA
Ph: +91 11 27662602

Any inkjet or laser jet printer can be used for printing the cheques. You
would just need to understand how you should place the cheque in the printer

paper tray. Note that it is possible to print on envelopes of various sizes
using the standard printers and the cheque is about the size os of a small
envelope.
There are instruction in the readme file which you get with the templates.
For convenience I am pasting it below.

ChequePrinter

This template has been designed for filling up Bank Cheques by printing the
information on them using standard printers.

It is very simple to use. Open the ChequePrinter, just TAB around, type in
the required information and give a print command. The blank cheque will
have to be placed in the printer. This template will then print the
information on the right places on the blank cheque.

You will have to make a test print on a blank sheet to find out how the
cheque will have to be placed in the printer. For example in HP top loading
laser printers, the cheque will have to be placed in the printer in such a
way that the field where amount in figures is to be written goes into the
printer first. (it will have to be aligned in the centre of the paper tray.
there are guides which can be adjusted for paper width, use them to centre
align the cheque))

If you get the following message, click "YES".
"Microsoft Word Dialog
The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the page.  Do

you want to continue?
Yes  No  "

This is a form designed in Microsoft Word and saved as a Document Template.
It is convenient to use because most people are familiar with MS Word. It is

also very accessible as you get prompts for each field and you can access
further help by pressing the F1 key.
The information to be typed are
.       Date
- This field will take only numbers in the date format such as 09.06.06 or
09/06/2006
.       Name of Payee
- Type the name of the person or the company/organization   to whom payment
is to be made. There is sufficient space for typing long names also as this
field can take up to 100 characters. There won't be any problem in printing
even if the name breaks into two lines.
.       Amount in figures
- This is the field for typing amount in figures. It can take upto 14
digits. This field will take only numbers and format then to 2 decimal
places.
.       Amount in words
- This field is for typing the amount in words. It will take a maximum of
120 characters.

By default the cheque will be crossed. If crossing is not required, you will

have to DELETE the words "A/c Payee Only" from the cheque template using the

DEL/BACKSPACE keys.

If you are not sure where the focus is on the ChequePrinter, you can read
the Status Bar or press F1.

Email: pr_ve...@hotmail.com