Dear Himalaya and other friends,
Some of our frends have been participating in this movement from its
early days (from January 30th 2011. Good that you wrote this mail.
However, may I request you (and others as well) to refrain from
portraying our mobility cane even by way of metaphore as a weapon of
anykind. It has very serious implications. In fact, it is this very
meaning due to which I was not allowed to go inside the Parliament
with my stick. (I refused to give it up at the cost of visiting
parliament.) It is only a support, an intigral part of the persona of
disabled. I can't write more at this point of time, but I do hope that
the point I am making is clear enough. I am already worried not only
about the nondisabled sectors misusing this meaning, but also that
there are organizations of even blind persons, which in the name of
security do not allow the members to keep their canes in the General
Body Meetings.

On 4/6/11, himalaya singh Rawat <himalayasinghra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dear friends,
>
> i request you to come to jantar mantar to show solidarity to the cause taken
> by baba anna hazare. we must be with our canes unfolded indicating that it
> can be a weapon also when the need be and rust out the corruption from the
> society.
>
> no replies sought to this mail. i would just be happy to see you there from
> tomorrow as the fight against becomes fiercer.
>
> fight against corruption.
>
> Himalaya

Vikas Gupta
Assistant Professor,
Department of History,
Faculty of Social Science ,
University of Delhi ,
Delhi 110007.

Residence: D II/1,
University Flats,
Maurice Nagar,
Delhi 110007.
Ph: +91-11-27666659, +91-11-27662347 Mobile: +91-9818193875
Email: vikas...@gmail.com