Dear Jignesh,

I am not sure, if you spoke to me some months before and you have a legal background. If this is correct, Please get in touch with me.
regards

----- Original Message ----- From: "jignesh thakur" <jigneshthaku...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] Kingfisher crew offloads blind woman with kids

now i think we are strongly in need of anna hazare in our comunity.

On 5/25/11, manoj cherian <manojcheria...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/25/11, Sathiyaprakash Ramdoss <sathiya.ramd...@gmail.com> wrote:
 Hmm!Discrimination instances against disabled by airlines keep
accumulating in India?
Few instances from the past-
 Example-1: Taken from-
http://www.dnis.org/news.php?issue_id=13&volume_id=3&news_id=464&i=7

Ali, 26, with locomotor disability, booked a ticket on Indian Airlines
and was placed on the waiting list. For nearly a month he was on the
waitlist no. 1, without getting a confirmed seat.
He has alleged that it was not a case of excess booking with Indian
Airlines (as several persons who had booked tickets after him were
given confirmed status), but because he booked his ticket under the
category of disabled persons.
Indian Airlines issues ‘M’ category tickets at concessional rates to
visually impaired people and people with locomotor disability of 80
per cent and above. Ali claims that the practice of the company is to
issue only waitlisted tickets to disabled persons, regardless of how
well in advance they may have booked the tickets, and not confirm them
until the time of departure so as to accommodate passengers paying the
full fare.
As per the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995, as also directions of
the Supreme Court of India, Indian Airlines, as a state-owned carrier,
is under legal obligation to pursue disabled-friendly policies.
Through his counsel S. S. Dey, Arman Ali filed a writ petition praying
for non-discrimination by Indian Airlines in issuing ‘M’ class
tickets, and further direction to the airline for giving confirmed
ticket on booking by a person with disability on his availing a ticket
at concession rate solely on the criteria of availability of seats on
aircraft and not on any other commercial consideration.
Justice A. Roy, in his order dated 24 June, has issued a show cause
notice of motion to the Ministry of Civil Aviation as well as the
Indian Airlines Ltd. asking as to why the prayers of the petitioner
should not be granted and has fixed the matter for 18 July, for
further consideration and necessary orders.

Example-2: Taken from;
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2007-06-20/india/27990719_1_disabled-protest-human-chain-rajiv-rajan
Disabled protest in Chennai airport against offloading NGO activist
PTI, Jun 20, 2007, 02.06pm IST
CHENNAI: About 100 physically challenged persons on Wednesday formed a
human chain in front of the domestic airport here in protest of
refusal by a private airline's to allow a cerebral palsy victim to
board the aircraft without an escort.
Holding placards, the disabled, most of them in wheelchairs, held a
peaceful protest by forming the human chain for nearly 90 minutes.
They demanded equal rights and urged the Government to put an end to
discrimination against the disabled.
"We've been facing discrimination from various airlines and Monday's
incident was the height of it. It not only violated human rights, but
also the International Civil Aviation rules," said Smitha, Assistant
Coordinator - Vidyasagar, an NGO which organised the agitation.

Example 3: Taken from;
http://www.petertan.com/blog/2007/12/20/widespread-discrimination-of-disabled-passengers-by-low-cost-airlines/

The Hindustan Times news titled Airline Displays Callousness in
December 19 reported that Sanjiv Sachdeva was asked to sign a bond to
absolve Jetlite from all responsibilities should anything happen to
him in a flight on December 16. Jetlite is an India-based low cost
carrier. Sanjiv has filed a complaint with the Directorate General of
Aviation and the Commissioner of Diabilities.
In the same newspaper report, another wheelchair user Mahesh
Chandrashekar was subjected to similar conditions by Deccan, India’s
first low-fare airline. Mahesh was reported to have said that the
language used in the indemnity form sounded prejudiced, embarrassing,
derogatory and appeared as if a favour has been doled out to a
passenger with disability who is travelling on a fully-paid ticket.
Indemnity forms are worded in such a way that the person who signed it
absolves the airline from all blame should anything happen. Too bad if
that person dies or is injured as a result of flying with the airline.
To add insult to injury, if the airline has to incur additional costs
because of that person, the said person has to bear all that. Tell me,
where is justice in that? Heads I lose. Tails also I lose. Mana boleh?
Unbelievable? Go read the indemnity form that Airsia made me sign.

Shame on you Civil Aviation ministry of India!. Thank You.

Your's Sathiyaprakash