with referance to the above mentioned issue raised by shrinivas sir
.hello Sir ,I am glad that you raised this issue .constitutional
protection is important for the disabled community ,however it is more
important to improve the grievances redressal mechanism for any legal
protection to be effective .the Judges and the legal community needs
to be  made more sensitive to the disability issues and the disability
laws ,the public in general and the disabled in particular needs to be
made more aware about their rights .So far your suggestion for
reservation for the disabled in the parliament is concerned I feel
that reservation for the marginalized section in legislature has been
instrumental in promoting empowerment of that community and ensure
their participation in democratic proces.Further it shall provide us
an effective means to voice our concern on the issues affecting us
.The politician’s and the public servants are apathetic to the
disability issues as we are the microscopic minority and do not
account for the vote bank ,further we are not a strong and organized
political group .We lack any strong political leadership or any
political organization to lobby for the important issues ..political
representation and active participation in politics will surely
improve the condision.As far  your third issue of non-implementation
of the reservation for the VI in the jobs is concerned it Is ironical
to note that despite so many years of a statutory provision for the
same the policy of reservation has remained on paper in many states
and even at the union level as there is huge backlog of jobs and still
more backlog are created every year .A few NGOs like the NFB has done
some work in this direction at the union level but no worthy efforts
at the state level exists .the reason for this is that the NGOs are
weak in the states .We as a community only fight for small concessions
and benefits and when it comes for the issues like employment the
fight is mostly by the individual who gets affected .If this is the
reality than it is suggested that lets do whatever we can do in our
individual capacity say for instance the experts on the group can use
the internet to raise the issues ,the lawyers and the NGOs can file
cases for filling up the backlog  and contempt cases if the backlog is
not filled .I know of one judgment of Allahabad high court where the
court stayed further appointment till the vacancies for  disabled are
filled up efforts for taking such judgments should be made the .It is
high time that we as a community work for our legal and constitutional
rights if we cannot do this for ourselves no one else would .thanks.