I faced the same but it asks before upgrading which i denied and thus avoided the problem. ----- Original Message ----- From: "P L Varma" <plvni...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 3:33 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] Strange problem of skype.

I too, am facing a peculiar problem.....
I have installed Skype 3.8 and after using it a couple of times, it automatically gets upgraded to version 5.5.
Can anyone tell me as to how to prevent the upgradation.
Thanks in advance.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sheik mohammedali" <shahid.se...@gmail.com>