From: Adhimoolam Vetrivel Murugan
Sent:  2011:11:08, 2:12  am
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Screen Readers: Maintaining careful listening for long time?

I divide reading materials in to two types. The first type is that of
reading for leasure and the second type is of readings for studies or
research. The former basically does not require too much of
concentration, whereas the later requires careful consideration of
each paragraph or as you rightly put it sometimes even words. So what
I do is to make sure that I bookmark important passages which may be
in the form of paragraphs or sometimes just one or two sentenses. It
actually helps you to go back to them even if you forget something. I
used to be a fast reader in brail too, but no more. But I would say
that using a brail display in my view would certainly slow you down to
a considerable extent if speed is your priority and that's the case
with me. I am not sure about the refreshment on brail display, but I
read with the speed of 500 words per minute and there's no way I can
loose my concentration by focussing my attention on listening as well
as brail reading.

Vetri.