Hi Shona Man,
I am also thinking of leaving dell and going for lenovo. As you said
in one of your earlier posts, you have about 15 days of experience of
Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 59 304317. So I want your experience of that
machine.
Also I have the following questions.
1.      Why did you drop the other 2 models that you chose earlier against
this model?
2.      Which operating system are you running? Is it windows XP
professional 32 bit sp2? Is the machine running comfortably this OS
without errors?
3.      Where did you get the drivers? Is it through the venders’ CD or
from the web site? If from the web, is it from lenovo site or other
site?
4.      Are all the devices like Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth etc are working fine?
5.      Is the jaws functioning properly without any hurdle particularly
with video intercept?
6.      Approximately how many hours a day you use it? Does it get heated
after longer working time? I am asking this because one of the
representative from lenovo said me that these series machines cannot
work longer continuously and get heated. She suggested me to go to
thinkpad machines.
7.      How is your battery backup time? It is said that they can run only
2 hours max.
8.      What are the accessories that you got?

Experiences of other list members on lenovo is also welcomed.

Yours
Umesha

Register for AccessIndia convention 2011(November 12-13)  at:
http://www.accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm