Thanks shona man, sheik, sunil and others
To shona man
Before answering your questions, may I ask you one thing?
May I have your phone number and preferred time of calling so that we
can discuss directly? Because I need the solution very urgently as I
need it for my classes and other works.
I downloaded the drivers properly. The consumer support site has
options for choosing model and OS. I selected my model (Z570) and
windows XP. There is no option to choose between 32 bit and 64 bit
versions of XP. In the next page after clicking on “continue”, I got
the list of drivers and I downloaded all of them. In that list, that
realtek audio driver is said to be for windows xp only. Its version is
5.10.0.6267 and it is a 106 MB file and updated on 9-3-11. The URL of
the download page is
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/driversdownloads/APR_Driver_List.aspx?CategoryID=307140&OS=Windows%20XP
Though I repeatedly tell them that I want win xp only, many people ask
me to change my os to win7.
I have already registered a complaint but not with the number you
provided but on 180030029929. Shall I register once again with the
number you provided? The engineer visited my site and checked by
replacing the hard disk with one with win 7 installed on it. It ran
smoothly for few minutes. He tried reinstalling the driver and it did
not solve the problem.
I don’t think that problem is with my OS because the same OS was
running without any error on other machines with realtek audio.
Now I am of the doubt whether fault is with hardware or driver. The
engineer reported that its with driver after checking with win 7 for
few minutes. Yesterday I downloaded and installed another driver from
realtek site which is updated somewhere in October and it also had
same problem. I don’t think realtek whose audio devices are sold so
widely has compatibility problem with win xp. Further even in win xp,
it runs smoothly for few minutes. Later it gets struck. Mostly running
for longer times like 40-50 minutes will cause it to happen. When it
occurs, all the processes get slower. Mouse pointer jumps instead of
moving smoothly. I don’t know about running win 7 for such longer
time. Some times it get corrected itself. Can these symptoms happen
with driver problems? Or is it a hardware (circuit) problem?
One more information I want to give: it has a nvidia graphic card for
which I have no driver for win xp. It was showing 5 items with yellow
question mark; one video device and 4 audio devices in device manager.
But disabling all of them either through device manager or BIOS did
not solve the problem.

To sheik:
I tried many times to call you but I did not get you.

Umesha