Hi,

This is not an announcement by IBPS.  Neither I could find anything
relevant on their web site
www.ibps.in

I doubt whether IBPS would accept if candidates take a print out of
this letter.  Besides, it does not stipulate any eligibility criteria,
rather it is only a recommendation to simplify the scribe rules.

There is lot of confusion because of this last minute ambiguity.  I
advise candidates to follow the rules written on the IBPS site.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

On 11/25/11, Srinivasu Chakravarthula <li...@srinivasu.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just typed that whole letter below. But please note, you may want to
> carry the printout of the file that Harish originally sent. This letter was
> signed by Mr. Dhariyal, Dy. Chief Commissioner, CCPD and copy was sent to
> CMD of IBPS.
>
> ==Extracted content of the letter begins==
> From: Office of the Chief Commissioner - Disabilities
> To, The NAB
>
> Subject: Guidelines prescribed by IBPS for persons with disabilities scribe
>
> Sir,
> Please refer to your <letter no. not clear> dated 21.11.2011 on the above
> subject
> 2. We believe that the condition that the scribe should have lesser marks
> than the candidate and not more than 60% marks in his / her academic stream
> as prescribed by IBPS for appearing in the common written examination, will
> put the candidates with disabilites to serious disadvantage. Therefore no
> such conditions should be prescribed. The recommendations of this office to
> the Government regarding comprehensive policy for conduct of written
> examinations for persons with disabilities include that such restrictions
> for the scribe/reader/lab assistant should not be imposed. Instead, proper
> invigilation should be ensured so that candidates using scribe do not
> indulge in copying.
>
> 3. The concerned authorities including IBPS, are expected to facilitate
> participation by persons with disabilites on equal basis with others rather
> than make it more difficulty prescribing restrictive conditions for the
> scribe.
>
> ==Extract of the letter end==
> Hope this helps.
>
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Amit Bhatt <misterbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   since the texxt is not clear and OCR also didn't work on it, I have
>> tried to understand the letter by the reading of some of my sighted
>> friends
>> but they are also unable to read this scanned document sharply as many
>> words are missing from the given text.
>>
>> Would be so nice if someone who is aware of this guideline, can explain it
>> comprehensively for our information.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> amit Bhatt ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kotian, H P" <
>> hpkot...@rbi.org.in>