Hello,
Yes. The railways provide the concession to the totally blind only.
However, as far as my thinking goes, its totally arbitrary and
unreasonable.

The suggestions of Mr. Lalit are amazing, and will provide a very
sound foundation for advancing any argument in future in favour of our
partially blind friends.
For the sake of clarity and continuity I'll try to summarize his views below.
=============
The totally blinds will be getting the concession as usual. In case,
they are escorted by any person during the journey, their escort will
also be entitled to avail the concession. Means, there is no need to
disturb the current system. The partially blind or low vision
candidates should also be allowed to avail the concession, but their
escort will not be entitled to avail the any kind of concession.
I think I have grasped the idea properly...
Very sound argument.
If Kanchan mam, Subhash Vashishth sir, and Rajesh Asudani sir
contribute and add something to it.
With Regards,
Akhilesh Kumar Dahiya,
Advocate.