I am also going to face same problem, I also have such appearance that
nobody can judge my blindness! I am partially blind. Few of families
are interested for having a marriage tie with me, but recently one of
my mother's friend has become too close to my mother and I was told by
mother that her her friend wants to engage me with her daughter who is
M.A student in Aligarh Muslim University. Friends I showed my
reluctance in this matter with out stating the reason, but my mother
took it otherwise, she thought that I am already committed to any
girl! But the reallity is that I do not want to make realise my mother
that her son is not capable to perform matrimonial home's formalities
in future like a normal person as I am gradually losing my sight.
Friends what is our opinion, how should I divert the matter?

M.Phil scholar at JNU