Yes, it happens, it is regular in Indian railways...
I wish it could gather the similar steem as airlines harassments have gathered
in recent past!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of VIVEK KAVYA
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 1:27 PM
To: accessindia
Subject: [AI] Harasment even in Indian Railways for Disabled Persons.

Dear friends, most of us are talking the harassment done by Airlines
Companies but even in Indian railways also harassment exists inside
railways and outside on Railway Station.  I would like to bring to all
of your notice recently while travelling in Railway through
Maharashtra a Railway T T came near me in Civil dress and asked my
concession Certificate I showed him original Concession Certificate
done by NFB he started saying this is bogus one because Disabled
persons cannot travel without escorts, then I tried to make him
understand that this policy does not apply for Blind and Hearing
Impaired persons, he did not listen to me but gave me fine receipt of
Rs.956/ and told me to pay now itself or get down from the train in
next station Manmaad I was travelling from Delhi to Hubli through Goa
Express I argued with him for long time but he was not ready to listen
and in Manmaad Station he hold my hands to get down, I was alone, I
shouted at him and many of passangers with me told him to show the
rule he did not had rule book he went to bring rule book from his
senior, the train left Manmaad station but later on he did not come at
all till Hubli.  But I felt very insult in the train the way he
behaved with me in train.  My question is in train to whom we can
complaint immediately. Vivek, 919868954833

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.