hi it means, you have to install a set top box in to your cable connection to watch the tv. it will improve the quality of watching tv. how ever i would suggest you to go for dth. because if you subscribe to a cable connection set top box. you can't change your connection if your cable wala creates problem. as there are two or three cable service providers such as siti cable, hathway etc. are available in metro cities. and it depend upon your local cable operator.

also it is not cheaper then a dth connection for e.g if you are a subscriber of a digital set top box, you hve to pay for mentainence fee extra. also dth operators can't create problems because the subscribers are directly subscribe to the services.On 3/31/2012 6:51 PM, Shona Man
Friends now a days we can see an advertisement which prescribes that
July 1st onwards all channels in Delhi are going to be digitised. Can
anybody explain what is this kind of change?
  one more thing, can we know the channal name if i am watching TV on
my laptop through TV tuner?