From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Phen Varghese
Sent: 07 April 2012 12:11
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] It's all about using a fork for Mohit the Dork!

If it is a vegetarian food then what will you do?
Leave the bones i don't want to know about chicken bones or anything like
that i want to know what will happen if this is there in the veg foods?
will you be able to feel it?
If you take the case of sighted people they can see before eating but for us
we can only see after bringing it to our mouth . so what is your sudjestion
now regarding this?

On 4/7/12, SYED IMRAN <syed.f...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes this is also something that we need to think about. Thanks for
> raising it. but I bet even sighted folks can't avoid this situation
> completely, so if you think you got a stone or a hair in your mouth,
> just take it off with your hand and continue eating. As for avoiding
> the situation, I don't know about the hair, but you can detect stone
> with the spoon if the food is semi solid, I know it get's confusing if
> you also have bone there, but I guess you can just pick it up with
> your fingers and put it by the side of the plate and continue the
> batting. I don't use spoon or fork if I think I can manage without it,
> to me it all depends on the kind of a social setting I'm in. but
> Icecream is something that I cannot manage only with my fingers. But
> It becomes tough when the icecream is served on these thin paper
> plates - it definitely impacts my dining experience and I get so
> annoyed if I miss out having icecream just because it is so
> inaccessible. I seriously feel that eating places and eating tools
> have to be made more accessible, it surely deserves more importance as
much as any library or a laboratory or a sports ground any day.