Yes, it is fine for single files.
But, how to schedule a bulk job, say of a thousand files to be converted.
We Wwill have to browse and select each file individually.

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of aamir ansari
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 7:03 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Batch converting Bulk doc files to PDF

hi you can download DOpdf from sites like CNET.com or just google
search for it .it is a freeware and regarding its use after installing
it just click on the dopdf icon and it will ask select the file on
your computer u just need to browse and select and click ok to start
conversion from word to pdf

On 4/8/12, ki...@vaugle.co.in <ki...@vaugle.co.in> wrote:

> Dear Aamir,
>
> Can you please tell us how to use the DOPDF to attain
> the batch processing task.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kiran
>
> On 08-04-2012, aamir
> ansari wrote:
>
>> hi but you can use DOPDF it's a very accessable
> software to convert
>> bulk word files in to PDF it keeps all the
> diagrams and graphics in
>> the same size
>>
>> On 4/8/12, Jaison
> Bellarmine wrote:
>>
>>> Hai friend, please upload and provide the link.
> With thanks & regards Jaison Bellarmine-----Original message----- From:
> ki...@vaugle.co.in [1] Sent: 2012:04:07, 5:31 pm To: Accessindia;
> Asudani, Rajesh Subject: [AI] Batch converting Bulk doc files to PDF
> Dear Rajesh and all AI members, Further to Rajesh Ji's Request of
> needing a program to convert the documents in bulk to PDF, I am glad to
> inform you that the routine is complete and am ready to give the same to
> you. The following are the things that are needed. 1. JDK needs to be
> installed. 2. JRE needs to be installed. 3. Open office needs to be
> installed on the system. 4. The convert program needs to be run ( it is
> purposefully kept as a command line interface). Features: Batch
> processing of all the DOC files in a folder to respective pdf's. Most
> important thing is it supports unicode fonts. maintains all the layouts
> of diagrams, images without changing any parameters of the original
> file(Tested on various samples). Non Commercial and free. Processing
> time per conversion is 2 - 3 seconds. How it works. there is a
> subordinate Program that runs and creates a .BAT file with the path name
> and filename of all the files that are to be converted in the given
> directory appending to the .BAT file. where the first word "convert.exe"
> is a constant and the file name and path name for input and output are
> dynamically appended to the bat file in the first phase. EG:-
> convert.exe "C:test1.doc" (space) "c:test1.pdf"; convert.exe
> "C:test2.doc" (space) "c:test2.pdf"; convert.exe "C:test3.doc" (space)
> "c:test3.pdf" this is the way that BAt file looks like populating all
> the names from the program and executing it all simultaneously. I can
> put all this on a CD and courier it to you as the openoffice
> Installation is 156 MB. with the release notes and the Installer.
> Alternatively if you install all 3 components i can upload the program
> to the dropbox and send the link on the same. This program is just 3 MB
> in size. Further more similar operations can be carried out on
> .xls,.rtf,.txt to .PDF Kind Regards Kiran S Deshpande Pune Search for
> old postings at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/accessindia@accessindia.org.in/ [2] To
> with the subject unsubscribe. To change your subscription to digest mode
> or make any other changes, please visit the list home page at
> [...]

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.