From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Rishi
Kewalramani
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 10:51 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Applying toothpaste

Contriversially ours Dear Mohit, smile.
Appreciate your question.

There is a good Self-Help Guide to Nonvisual Skills.
The guide is designed for people who are wanting to learn of the many
alternatives that exist to replace low or no vision. It could be just as
useful, however, to people who still have functional vision, but who
would find it easier to supplement with some nonvisual skills.

Twenty-one categories of daily activities are recognized as important
to independent living, and nearly all of the activities can be
accomplished using senses other than sight. By identifying those
senses and learning how to use them, we can find encouragement in
knowing that our quality of life does not have to lessen due to vision
loss.

All of those categories are listed in a self-evaluation contained in
the guide, along with activities specific to them. You are encouraged
to use the checklist to identify areas where you could personally
benefit from learning about alternatives to eyesight.

Following the checklist, brief lessons are printed that relate to each
of the areas of activity. These lessons introduce helpful devices,
technology, software, and procedures that can help us maintain our
quality of life. The ideas in the lessons are compilations of many of
the ideas we have shared on the Internet over the years, supplemented
with information provided by other
professional resources.

Your querry regarding applying tooth paste is also addressed in this guide.

As we know, learning new ways of doing things requires tenacity and
adaptability. Maintaining a high quality of life, however, is worth
every effort.

"The  Self-Help Guide to Nonvisual Skills" can be accessed in PDF format by
selecting
this link:

http://www.mdsupport.org/guide.pdf

I hope you'll  find this guide to be beneficial.
And don't forget to enlighten me if you happen to creatively discover  or
invent some nonvisual skills of your own, smile.
Take care, Cheers,
Rishi.
Water flows from a higher level to the lower levels. God's grace too is like

that. It flows down to those who are bent with humility.